The Unmarried and Separated Parents of Ireland:
- Is a self directed voluntary organisation which provides an information and support service to unmarried and separated parents.
- We aim to help make the public more aware of the prejudice that exists towards 'Separated Parents' in the Irish Family Law courts.
- We aim to seek Judicial reviews and changes in the law thus granting 'Separated Parents' the same parental rights as the Custodial parent, but only where this is in the best interest of the child/children.
- We aim to promote and support the role of the non-marital and separated parent in Ireland.
- We aim to help Mothers and Fathers gain their rights in a fair and unbiased manner putting the child's/children's rights to know and be loved by both parents Foremost.
- We aim to protect the diversity of Family life and to campaign to promote a positive social policy in our modern society.
- We aim to overcome discrimination and isolation surrounding the non-marital and separated parents.
- We are Non Gender based, Non Discriminatory and Non Judgemental.